A few weeks back in one of my week in picture posts I mentioned this cake I made for Father's Day.
I've received a few requests for the recipe and am just know getting around to posting about it. Thanks for your patience. Please keep in mind, I made this recipe up by combining several ideas/recipes. It turned out wonderfully and I hope you have similar results but no promises. Worst case scenario you can just eat brownie batter and cookie dough :)
Here's how I made mine ...
What you need:
- Your favorite Brownie Recipe or Boxed Brownie Mix. I used this one from Martha.
- Your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe or Pre-made Cookie Dough at room temperature. I used this one also from Martha.
- 1 Tablespoon of Molasses (optional)
- 1 bag (12 oz) of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon of Corn Syrup
- Round 8 inch springform pan.
- Prepare the brownie recipe or mix as stated in your recipe or on the box. I added the molasses to my recipe at this point because I wanted a very rich and moist brownie. If you omit the molasses I'm sure it will be fine.
- Bake the brownie for half the time suggested in your recipe. So for me that was 20 minutes.
- While the brownie is baking, prepare the cookie dough.
- At the half way mark, remove the brownie from the oven. Your brownie should be set enough to support the cookie dough. Basically, it shouldn't look soupy. If it is, then bake it for another 5 minutes or until it is not too liquid-y (if that is a word).
- Very CAREFULLY spread the cookie dough on top of the brownie.
- Return to oven and bake for remaining time or until cookie is light brown.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by melting chocolate in the microwave. Do this in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Avoid over heating. This can be tricky and you don't want to burn your chocolate so I found this video for you that my be helpful.
- Once your your cake is completely cool, top with melted chocolate and make a pretty design if you like. Then, place in the fridge to set the chocolate.
- Remove the outer ring of the pan and serve!